PPC is a beneficial digital marketing strategy for businesses of all sizes, especially small ones. A successful PPC campaign can generate profit faster than any other online promotional method and can even help your business grow. It is a great way to reach your target audience at the right time and when they are ready to make a move. According to Hubspot, 64.6% of people click on Google Ads when they are looking to buy something online.
What is PPC?
PPC, short for pay-per-click, is a tool that your business can use to help boost your online presence. PPC is a very simple tool for companies to use, which is why it is so popular. In a nutshell, you essentially run ads and the cost depends on how many people clicked on the ad and where you want your ad to be placed.
The most popular platforms for pay-per-click campaigns are Google Adwords and Bing Ads. To make sure you are getting the best ROI, be sure to think about the following before considering a PPC strategy for your business:
- Develop and plan an account structure
- Ensure landing pages are relevant the ad or create new landing pages tailored specifically for the ad or offer
- ALWAYS have mobile ads
- Ad extensions increase your CTR (click-through rate)
- Grow your campaign if it’s gaining profit, decrease if it’s not
- Enable conversion tracking, or have a marketer (digital marketing agency or marketing department) track it for you
- Make sure your ads have numbers- offers, prices, and discounts
These points are important to consider before you begin the PPC journey. To learn more about how we can help ease the PPC confusion, check out our Marketing services.
Having a strong digital marketing presence is a key component to being successful in today’s online environment. According to Hubspot, 63% of company’s top marketing challenges is generating traffic and leads. Here are the top 10 benefits of having a PPC strategy for your business and to help you decide if this is something you want to implement into your current marketing plan.
- FAST results
- It’s important for businesses, especially small ones, to see the results of what their company is doing – the ROI. PPC is perhaps the fastest way to run an advertising campaign that you can see instant results, which allows you to manage your bids accordingly. It is also an easy way to track your competitors and benchmark where you stand in comparison to others in the industry. There are 40,000 searches every second, and 3.5 billion searches per day according to Lyfe Marketing.
- It’s real-time advertising. So if you don’t like how your ad is performing, simply talk to your marketing specialist and it can get changed instantly.
- Measurable Results
- As a company, it is nice to be able to see measurable results when trying to achieve a company goal. With PPC you can measure costs, profits, views, clicks and so much more. This makes calculating your ROI easier than ever! From start to finish you are able to track every part of your advertising campaign.
- Zero dependencies on SEO or Google
- SEO is great for a company and ultimately your company should strive to have an SEO friendly website, BUT one benefit of pay-per-click is that once you have created a successful campaign, you don’t have to worry about anything that Google decides to change.
- Reach your target audience
- Another great thing about PPC is that you are able to pick and choose where and when your ads will appear based on a variety of different factors.This flexibility allows you to serve your ads to just the right audience at the right time and convert leads to customers. According to Hubspot, 70% of companies say their top marketing priority in the upcoming year is to convert leads to customers.
- Additional business opportunities
- With PPC you are able to run targeted campaigns at specific demographics within your target market, who are looking for instant results to whatever problem they may be facing. Hubspot says that 8 in 10 marketers worldwide use location target marketing for mobile advertising.
- Brand recognition
- PPC is a great way to gain brand recognition and awareness for your company. With PPC you are able to target specific keywords related to your industry and negative keywords that aren’t relevant. This way, people who are using those specific keywords in their searches able to find your company, see your ad and you can eliminate wasting money on consumers who are conducting searches that aren’t relevant to your company. This type of campaign is used to raise awareness and establish you as an industry leader. According to Google, search ads can increase brand awareness by 80%.
- Local customer awareness
- PCC is a great tool to use when it comes to local searches. Consumers are always searching for solutions to their problems in their geographic area, and if they are able to see your ads it is more likely your company will get a lead over not having an ad at all. Hubspot says that 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles and 30% of mobile searches are related to a location.
- With PPC, there are no budget restrictions.Ultimately, you are in total control of how much money is spent on your ad campaigns. As listed above, every part of your campaign is measurable, so a marketing specialist can manage the budget accordingly. Businesses make on average $3 in revenue for every $1.60 they spend on Adwords according to Powertraffick.
- Keep in mind that the size of budget does determine where on the page your ad will be located. The ads at the top of the page tend to have a higher budget. Powertraffick says that the top 3 paid ad spots get 46% of the clicks on the page
By working with our marketing specialists, you will know that you are setting a budget that truly works for your company and have an understanding of how the campaign works and is performing.
- Easy to market other mediums
- If your company sells anything, PPC is a great tool to use for testing which product image, headline, slogan, etc. works best. You and a marketing specialist can easily track the multiple campaigns for a period of time (two weeks at minimum) and see which one has the best CTR. Using that data, your marketing specialist will help you decide which campaign has the best performance stats and deserves your full budget.
- Search is about being first. Like they say- if you’re not first, you’re last. Gaining market share is easier than ever by being first on search pages. 75% of users NEVER scroll past the first page of search results says Lyfe Marketing.
- Rich data
- PPC platforms like Bing Ads and Google Adwords provide you and your company with all the right data in order to help make your business successful online. Our marketing specialists can make sure you get the most out of your ad campaigns and help suggest other opportunities based on your analytics that could benefit your company’s marketing efforts.
Other Important PPC Facts
In order to take full advantage of the items listed above, make sure to listen to the following:
- Don’t spend more on your PPC then you get in return.
- If you don’t get the results you hoped for right away, don’t give up, give the ads time. Rome wasn’t built in a day!
- Don’t be afraid to test out multiple campaigns to see which one works best for your business.
- Research what your competitors are doing. It’s an easy way to get ideas for you to use with your campaigns.
Overall, PPC has many positive benefits that can help your company immensely. According to Hubspot, Google drives 95% of all paid search ad clicks on mobile and Google gets 100 billion searches a month.
By using PPC you can target the right people at the right time all while seeing almost immediate results. Don’t be afraid to try PPC again if it didn’t work out the first time, there are many options and variations when setting up an ad campaign.
If you find yourself too busy to set up or manage your ad campaigns, don’t worry, we can help you with it all! Our marketing specialists can help set up and manage your PPC campaigns to make sure you get the best possible outcome for your ads and your business.