1. Open Outlook and you will either be prompted to create a new email account as seen below, or you will get the main Outlook window. If you get the main Outlook window go to File > Account Settings button, Account Settings… dropdown and click New… in the upper left of that window. If you see the screen below when you first opened up Outlook click Next:
2. The next screen will ask if you are ready to create your new email account. Click Yes and click Next at the bottom:
3. Skip the Auto Account setup by clicking Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Then click Next.
4. Now check Internet E-mail, and then click Next.
5. Type in your account settings as seen below for all text boxes then click the More Settings button in the lower right:
Outgoing: Generally the outgoing is the same as the incoming. mail.fastersolutions.com
Following setup if you have problems sending email, call your current Internet Service Provider (ex: Charter) and ask for outgoing SMTP server…
6. When the window comes up click the Outgoing Server tab. Now, click My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, next click Use same settings as my incoming main server, and lastly click the Advanced tab.
7. On this tab change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 587, then click OK at the bottom of the window to close it:
8. Now you are back to the Account setting window. Click Next at the bottom to have Outlook test your settings.
9. The test Account Settings window will come up and run two tests. If the message at the top says “Congratulation! All tests completed successfully.” you can now click Close.
10. Now click Finish as seen below.
You have now successfully created/updated your email information and you are ready to send a test email from your Faster Solutions email account.