1. Open Outlook Express and go to ‘Tools’ and then “Accounts” on your menu bar:
2. Select the Mail tab, if it isn’t already selected. Click “Add” “Mail.” Fill in the next two screens with your name and your email address.
3. Make sure the incoming mail server is “POP3.” The name of the incoming mail server is “mail.fastersolutions.com.” For the outgoing mail server, use “mail.fastersolutions.com.” also.
Following the setup process if you have problems sending email, you might have to call your Internet Services Provider, and ask them for their SMTP Outgoing Server setting. This is usually Charter that has this issue, and their SMTP Outgoing Server setting is mail.charter.net.
4. Enter the account name and password given to you by Faster Solutions.
5. Now after your account is setup there is one more setting that needs to be turned on. Select your account like in the window below and click properties to the right.
6. In the Email Account Properties window that pops up, click the ‘Servers’ tab. “My server requires authentication” should be checked, and then click the “Settings…” button to the right of that.
7. In the “Outgoing Mail Server” window, make sure “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” is also checked.
8. Now you can click “OK” > “OK” > and “Close” on the final window.
9. You now have two email accounts set up. When you click “Send/Recv” Outlook Express will check both accounts. You may “Remove” your old email account when the transition is complete. Your network administrator will tell you when this has occurred.