1. Open a web browser like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox and type in “webmail.” followed by your domain name. The example below is to login to webmail for northernnetwork.net. Type in your username and password. (If you haven’t received your username and password, please contact us.) Then click the “Log in” button.
2. Select “Options” from the navigation menu on the left hand side. Then click “Filters”
3. You will now see your top navigation menu look like this:
4. A Blacklist contains a list of email addresses from which all email will be flagged as SPAM and consequently deleted. A Whitelist is a list of trusted email addresses that will NOT be flagged as SPAM.
We will first look at an example of a Blacklist. On the horizontal navigation menu at the top of the page, click “Blacklist”. The following screen will appear:
5. To add an email address to the Blacklist simply just type it in. If you have more than one email address, simply enter it on a new line. After you have finished adding email addresses, click “Save”.
Also note that you have the ability to tell webmail how you want to treat email going to an address in your Blacklist. You can choose to delete the message completely, or choose to move it to a folder of your choice.
6. Next we will look at a Whitelist. Simply click the “Whitelist” button in the navigation menu at the top of the page. Again, all email addresses must be sparated by a new line. When you have compelted adding the email addresses, click “Save”.
7. That is it! All email from any of the addresses in your Blacklist will automatically be deleted or moved to a folder. Emails from your addresses in your Whitelist will never be flagged as SPAM by the email server.