1. Start Windows Live Mail from the Start Menu.
2. Click on the “Accounts” Tab and then click the “Email” button.
3. Type in your email address, password, and a Display Name. The display name can be anything you want. This name is used in your email correspondence. Check “Manually configure sever settings”. You will be changing some default settings in the next following windows.
4. Configure the settings as displayed on the screenshot: (Select IMAP if using multiple devices to access email, or POP3 if only using one)
5. Click “Next”. Your account should now be set up. Click “Finish”.
If you already have an account configured with Faster Solutions, but you’re experiencing some issues. Validate that the configuration settings for your account match up with the following screenshots.
To get to these screens, right-click the account name and select “Properties” from the context menu. (The account name should be under “Quick Views” on the left hand side of the application window. The following screen-shots are displayed in order:
Servers (Can be IMAP or POP3 depending on whether you use one device (POP3) or multiple devices (IMAP) to access email.)
IMAP (n/a if using POP3)